CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2014

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:50:58 -0600

Sunbrite LED power strips work really well.  They sell a controller that
lets you set a brightness level, then toggle them on and off with a touch.
You can get them from digikey:
Strips:
http://www.digikey.ca/product-search/en/optoelectronics/leds-high-brightness-power-modules/525140?k=sunbrite

Control and power modules:
http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/SSP-DM0/67-2154-ND/3065105

DC Power supply:
http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/SSP-PW024/67-2157-ND/3065102

Note you can chain multiple strips together on one controller. Here's a
link to all the bits and bobs that support the strips:
http://www.digikey.ca/product-search/en?FV=fff40008,fff80054,ffec8294

I glued a bunch of high strength magnets to one of mine and stuck it on the
underside of a steel cabinet. When I need light up close I can just pull it
off and use it like a light wand.

Craig Brideau