CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1994

From:
Martin Kohler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 1994 21:59:16 +0200
  Solution of "temperature problem" also?

When using immersion lenses in studies of living cells, one apparently need to heat the objective if the cell should sense 37C. One problem is then that the refractive index of the immersion oil is temperature dependent. Therefore it whould be nice to have different oils for different temperatures.
  Maybe the oils from "Cargille's Laser Liquid, Series 5610" will do, or do you have other options out there for different temperature corrected oils?

From:   Martin Kohler