CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2004

Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:50:27 +1000

I don't know the answer to this.  BUT it is clear that there is
some photobleaching / photoconversion going on and since your blue
signal doesn't decrease the implication is clearly that your
excitation is saturating the fluorochrome.  In other words,
you should be able to reduce the Hoechst excitation (405nm?)
very substantially without any loss of signal.  So cut down
your excitation until your emission starts to fall and you
should see a substantial improvement.

                                                Guy

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox