CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
Fredrik Wermeling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:27:10 +0100
One word of caution regarding the Qdots is that since they are excited by all lasers you canīt
do sequential scanning (or at least you wonīt benefit from it)  and thus need to really trust
your filter settings. I have however used Qdot605 successfully in combination with alexa488
and alexa647. Nowadays I prefer to use alexa555 instead of the Qdot605, to be able to
record individual channels and minimize crosstalk. For four color staining Iīve included a
Pacific Blue conjugated antibody, recorded in the dapi channel, to the above combination
with ok result.

Good luck!
/Fredrik

--------------------------------------