CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2007

From:
Mark Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:33:42 +1300

Hi Jerry

There is no reason why resolution should change except that the rear
aperture is not filled and/or the light does not have the correct degree
of collimation so that sperical aberration may be present. You must
overfill the rear aperture to get good z-resolution -don't focus the
light through the rear aperture. I note that your original figure of  z
resultion of 0.2 um for reflected mode sounds very unlikely -that's way
above the diffraction limit.

Cheers Mark