CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2002

From:
Ian Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 07:50:59 +0930

I agree with Leoncio here - we have several fluorescence microscopes and
they all have monochrome cameras (of various sorts!) on them. The only
time a "true" colour camera is potentitalli useful is when you have a
filter system to view multiple labels simultaneously. But while they can
produce a pretty picture sometimes, we have a cupboard full of them that
are never used in practice... in the end, people usually need to know
what each label is showing them in isolation from the others... which
leads to the point: a single labelling channel has only "monochrome"
information: red, green or whatever colour dyes like Cy5 or Cy7 really
are...

IAN

--
Professor Ian Gibbins