CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2003

From:
John Heuser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:02:24 -0600

We stain the plasmalemma of cells for confocal LM almost every day, and have gotten the best results using DiI, the classical dye for staining neurons & tracing pathways in the brain.
It excites with either blue or green light and emits yellow/red, and it NEVER bleaches.  It also works on live or fixed cells, equally well.
(Only problem might be, if it stains the collagen gel.  That I don't know.)
Write me directly for details, if you wish.
Good luck,
John H.

--
Prof. John Heuser, M.D.