CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2012

From:
Sylvie LeGuyader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:25:49 +0000

Hello

We have a NAS (9Tbx2, mirrored every night) connected to our 5 confocals via a 1Gb network cable that is independent from the intranet. Our offline stations access the NAS from the intranet so the bandwidth is shared by far many more people and upload/downloads are slower. We routinely acquire 50-100Gb files.

In any case I would recommend autosaving data on the local internal HD of the microscope PC and transferring them to the server only after acquisition.

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Sylvie Le Guyader