CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

From:
Narasimham Jammi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:00:55 -0800

> Next to this I have questions on Jammi and Kevin:
> 1) what confocal do you use?
> 2) do you know your switching time between bleaching- and recovery phase?
> 3) what FRAP model do you use?
> 4) what parameters do you take into acount in your model?
> And probably there will be many many more questions....

Hi Guido,
1) I am right now performing my FRAP experiments on  a LEICA SP2 AOBS
confocal
2) I am doing my bleaching and recovery in the FLY mode...so it's a
bidirectional scan..my time interval between scans is about 200 millisecs.
3 and 4) As for the FRAP model, I have been using a 1 dimensional lateral
diffusion model (although I am not sure this is what i have/need to use)

-Jammi
p.s thanks Kevin and the others for all your input..
happy turkey day all!