CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2003

Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 07:13:39 +0200

My hint
is to switch to ez2000 software for Nikon PCM2000. See at www.coord.nl
or www.lambs.it
AD
On Venerd́, giu 6, 2003, at 01:47 Europe/Rome, Barbara Foster wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Dear Richard,
>
> At the cost of current computers, I'd suggest you take a look at
> companies
> like Dell and just buy a new system.
>
> We just upgraded two of our computers by going to Dell's "used"
> computer
> list. (www.dell.com). Many of the computers are still in their original
> boxes and they come with good warranties, at significant discounts.  We
> kept our old monitors and got two systems for well under $2000
> total... and
> we are power users, so these weren't rock-bottom models.
>
> Caveat: MME has no financial interest in Dell.
>
> Good hunting!
>  Barbara Foster
> Microscopy/Microscopy Education
> 125 Paridon Street, Suite 102
> Springfield, MA 01118
> PH: 413-746-6931  FX: 413-746-9311  Web: www.MicroscopyEducation.com
>

> Will you be at M&M in San Antonio?  If so, don't forget the Tuesday
> night
> seminar on Fluorescence Calibration/  Also, join the tradition of over
> 10,000 microscopists: participate in our survey at any time during the
> meeting and receive a "sweet thank you".  Booth #218
>

> At 01:27 PM 6/5/03 -0400, you wrote:
>> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>> http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a flow cytometrist who just inherited a Nikon PCM 2000 confocal
>> system.
>> Unfortunately, I also inherited the pokey Windows 95 system which
>> controls
>> it. Nikon has offered me an upgrade to a Windows 2000 operating
>> system with
>> the Compix Simple PCI imaging,  But I need to upgrade my computer
>> with a
>> modern motherboard which can accommodate my legacy boards. Has anybody
>> performed this upgrade?
>>
>> Thanks, Rich
>>
>> Richard C. Hastings
>> Associate Scientist
>> Target Expression/LDD
>> 1800 Concord Pike
>> Wilmington, DE 19803
>> 302-886-2452

DO NOT MISS PICTURES and NEWS on
www.focusonmicroscopy.org
-
Alberto Diaspro
Department of Physics, University of Genoa
Via Dodecaneso 33, 16146 Genoa Italy
voice +390103536426/480, facsimile +39010314218
visit http://www.lambs.it
visit  http://www.societaitalianalaserchirurgia.it
-
ALLA RISCOSSA! ALLA RISCOSSA! ALLA RISCOSSA!
-