CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:35:13 +1100

Obviously it is possible to do any amount of damage with excessive
laser intensity.  That is the basis of laser microdissection, after
all.  But one careless experiment doesn't invalidate a technique.
Others (and I refer particularly to the work by Julia Hush and
Peter Hepler, which I've posted here before) were able to see
recovery in bleached areas of microtubules.  Cells had been
microinjected with labelled tubulin.

There are unlimited methods of doing an experiment wrongly, but
usually a much smaller number of ways to do it properly ...

                                                     Guy

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox
Electron Microscope Unit,

Phone:+61 2 9351 3176    Fax:+61 2 9351 7682
http://www.guycox.net