CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1996

From:
tom moninger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 13:23:15 -0500
On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Michael Cammer wrote:

> Our Northgate 386 circa. 1991 just died and we immediately need a new
> computer to run our BioRad MRC 600.
> BioRad lists as recommended PCs six machines that are no longer available.
> For one not on the list, BioRad claims that we need a computer with "four full
> free ISA slots".  But I only see the need for three full ISA slots (two BioRad
> cards and one MO/SCSI card).
> Does anybody have experience/suggestions?  Our preference is for Gateway
> since our university has a contract with the company.
> Thanks.

> Michael Cammer          [log in to unmask]

The same thing happened to one of our Northgates recently in addition to
the death of a framestore card.  We ordered a Gateway which should be here
soon.  I'll let you know how it works.

Thomas Moninger   ([log in to unmask])
Central Microscopy Research Facility
85 EMRB  University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242   319-335-8142 FAX 319-335-8049