CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2012

From:
"MODEL, MICHAEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:05:15 +0000

If resolution improvement in transmission microscopy were possible, it might be very useful to apply it to interferometry. There you have a nanometer resolution in the vertical dimension, but it all is undermined by diffraction-limited lateral resolution (the situation is the same in "transmission through dye" for cell profile measurements). And since it is not confocal or fluorescence, noise probably would not be that much of an issue. I have talked to a few companies that make interferometric microscopes, it seems that they haven't though much about it.

Mike