CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2013

From:
Zdenek Svindrych <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2013 15:37:37 +0200

Hi there,

unfortunately, even the same vendor changes the compensation scheme from
time to time. I remember that for our new confocal the old objectives from
SP2 were not ideal, as the tube lens had changed... (maybe they just wanted
to sell more objectives, I'm sure the images would be fine; we didn't buy
the new lenses nor the new fonfocal yet :-).
See e.g. this document (page 10): http://www.mikrol.ru/fileadmin/downloads/
Other/Publications/Leica_STI_CDR1_Schade_et_al_eng.PDF

I believe that the new Olympus objectives are fully corrected. We often use
them with a simple achromatic doublet tubelens and the image is fine
(although we are not doing confocal imaging, which is more sensitive).

Cheers,

zdenek