CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2004

From:
Gert van Cappellen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:09:33 +0100

With the 80/20 filter 80% of the light is transmitted and 20% is
reflected. The Meta detector is designed to fysically block the laser
lines before they enter the detectors, so the reflection of the laser
shouldn't interfere. What you will see in your spectrum is small dips at
the laserlines (also the non-active lasers). It's important to keep the
pinhole at 1 airy unit. In practice the blocking of the laser lines is
not always perfect. However when it's very bad you should contact your
service engineer to improve the performance.

Regards,
Gert van Cappellen

--

wigGert van Cappellen
Reproduction and Development, Erasmus MC, Tel. +31-10-40 87578 FAX +31-10-40 89461