CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2002

From:
cristina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:25:54 -0300

Hi Amtabha,

It is possible to see FM1-43 fluorescence after fixation. The major
problem is that if you use glutharaldehyde as fixative, it interferes with
FM1-43 fluorescence thus you need to incubate your prep with ammonium
clhoride before imaging. I did this procedure for photoconversion
purposes  at the frog neuromuscular junction and   this method  was described at
Neuron (2000) volume 27,551-559. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly
([log in to unmask]) if you have questions.
Good luck
Cristina

Cristina Guatimosim, Ph.D
Departamento de Farmacologia, ICB