CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1994

From:
Jim Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 08:38:48 EDT

> We won't be converting the CONFOCAL discussion list to a newsgroup in the
> near future.
>
> However, it would be possible to post the traffic from the confocal list to
> a newsgroup.  For those who don't like the volume of mail, unsubscribe from
> the list and read the archives obtainable from [log in to unmask]
>
> Bob Summers
> Listowner, CONFOCAL

Thanks for stepping in.  Just as a guess, based on people sending mail to this
group over the last couple of years, there aren't all that many subscribers,
perhaps 50? If that is true it dosen't worth
the adminstrative/ maintenence costs to also run a newsgroup.

Personally, I am much more likely to look through my email than check out
various bionet* newsgroups.

What would be the advantage of an archive newsgroup over the LISTSERV@UBVM?
Can't the latter be easily obtained with, say, mosiac?

-Jim Barrett