CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2019

From:
Andreas Bruckbauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2019 07:53:56 +0000

While I agree that the prices are high, I think you have to see this over the lifetime of the microscope.

A computer which looks like an overkill now, will look pretty old in a few years, I am happy with the Zeiss workstations on our widefield systems.

The companies have to make sure that they can supply replacement parts for the lifetime of the instrument, so you are not only buying a component, but also piece of mind for the future and maybe some additional quality control at their end.

But it is sad that things still break down or become obsolete too quickly for the steep price.

Best wishes
Andreas