CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1994

From:
Mike Folsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 1994 20:48:40 -0600
According to Martin Latterich:

> >At this time, I don't have access to a newsreader. Therefore, I would like to
> >keep this list as it is.
>

> I think there is another option (correct me if I'm wrong :-)): One can
> create a newsgroup accessible by a newsreader and simultaneously maintain
> the current mailing list. This is the case for the bionet.* newsgroups
> which also can be subscribed to via a list-server. This option would enable
> everyone who has access to a newsreader to more conveniently access and
> screen the confocal news while it still allows otheres who do not have
> access to subscribe via e-mail.
>
> Just a thought,
>
> Martin
on UseNet and remain as a listserv group.

I _really_ like the idea of moving this to UseNet.  There already is a group
called sci.techniques.microscopy and the bionet.* groups are well established.

Under the bionet hiearchy the group could be called something like

        bionet.confocal

or better yet:

        bionet.microscopy.confocal

Later -

Michael

M.W.Folsom/Biology/UNM/Albuquerque,[log in to unmask]