CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2001

From:
"Stephen C. Kempf" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:51:06 -0600
Carroll,

One word of advice. Begin your presentation by saying that you have
listened to the various presentations in favor of YRS at other meetings (I
assume you've done this) and held your questions unti the end (if you were
allowed to ask any) as requested. Say that you would appreciate the same
consideration by the principals and Board Members you are addressing and
that they should write their questions down for discussion after your
presentation. You might even want to hand each of them a pencil and paper
at the beginning of your presentation so they can do this (i.e. that way
they'll have no excuse).

When someone tries to interupt you with a question say "That's an
interesting point that we can discuss when I'm through with my
presentation." Then reiterate whatever it was that you just said so that
the train of thought is not lost. You may have to do this many times, but
if you allow those in favor of YRS to disrupt your presentation with
questions and discussion of them, the points you are trying to make will
be lost in the confusion that arises.

For what it's worth,

Steve