CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2004

From:
Louis Villeneuve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:20:28 -0500

Hi Fredrik,

I also get this kind of staining in mouse, and dog heart ventricle cells. In
the Fitc range, I think that can be autofluorescence.  there was a subject
on this list 1 or 2 years ago.  I will take a look in the archives...

Also, i have seen these kind of pattern  with other wavelenths (triTC, Cy5)
and the negative controls were looks good.  For these experiments, I was
blocking the isolated cells with 10%serum.  I have reduced my blocking
buffer concentration (to +/- 2% serum) and the recurrency of this staining
had dissapeared.  does too much blocking can cause non specific stainng?
This is an option that I leave open...

Best regards

Louis

Louis R. Villeneuve
Assistant de recherche -microscope  confocal
Institut de Cardiologie de Montréal- Centre de Recherche
5000 est Bélanger, Montréal
Québec , Canada
H1T 1C8

514-376-3330 ext3511