CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2019

From:
Glyn Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2019 02:59:24 -0600

Hi Doug,

At risk of hijacking this thread and heading off at a tangent, I looked at your recommendations to your users.  I would suggest an automated conversion of lif files in IMageJ/Fiji.  This link:
https://forum.image.sc/t/produce-max-projections-from-lif-files-in-imagej/93/8

has a macro that will open all images in lif files and save them as tifs, including flattening stacks to MIPs and saving those too.  It would be easy to add/ convert  save to include the line ' run("RGB Color"); ' to make your RGB image first if desired.  The macro can also deal with tilescans or multi-position lif files (these are a bit more complicated to extract the images from automatically due to the lif file structure)- it also captures the lif filename as well as the imagename, making data auditing/ tracking easier.

To come back to the original question, I agree with others that the system will be able to capture the data as long as there is enough hard drive space where it makes the temp file (in Preferences), and the reason I reply here is that the stitching itself may be easier to manage using ImageJ offline, as the acquisition PC will a: struggle, and b:block usage for image acquistion whilst spending hours trying to stitch that image!

Hope it helps,

Glyn.