CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1993

From:
Oliver Trepte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1993 09:05:39 +0200
>> There is a public domain program (running under UNIX) which can
>> convert from biorad to gif, tiff, pcx and about 100 other formats.
>> The program is called Pbmplus, and a new release, Netpbm will be
>> due in a week or two. There are MS-DOS versions of Pbmplus
>> available somewhere as well. If you want more details, get in
>> touch.
>
>Can you post the address where I can find these program pls?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Lu Pin
>The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology

I'll post my answer to the mailing group, since there seems to be
something wrong with your email address.

Netpbm is available (but still under testing) at ikaros.fysik4.kth.se
(130.237.35.2), directory /pub/netpbm, anonymous ftp. There will be
new alpha and beta releases this week and next week. An official
release will probably come next week.

Pbmplus is available at *many* sites around the world. I found it
e.g. at nic.funet.fi and wuarchive.wustl.edu. Try archie to locate
one near you. If you want a release which includes support for the
Biorad, you can find it ikaros (/pub/pbmplus).

I don't know where to find MS-DOS binaries. I have read postings
about them being available somewhere in America. You'll find more
information in the news group alt.graphics.pixutils.

        Oliver