CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2012

From:
"Fassler, Matthias" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2012 06:44:32 +0000

Hi Simon,

I have been recently working with the HaloTag although I did no direct comparison to any FP. I mainly used the HaloTag-TAMRA ligand and to a lesser extend the HaloTag-AF488 ligand in combination with slightly overexpressed proteins. Based on older experiments with GFP, my subjective impression is that the Halo Tag might be slightly brighter. However, I think the main advantage is really the flexibility and the ability to selectively stain surface proteins, e.g. to study receptor internalization.

Best regard
Matthias

Dr. Matthias Faßler | Application Scientist
PerkinElmer | For the Better
Phone:  +49 (0)40 307090-466 |   Fax:  +49 (0)40 307090-488
Schnackenburgallee 114, 22525 Hamburg, Germany
www.perkinelmer.com
This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to PerkinElmer, Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments.  Thank you.