CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2002

From:
"Donnelly, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:22:36 -0800

John;

We have attended several workshops where GFP "labeled" live cells were used and the favorite sealant has been VALAP which is a mixture of Vaseline, Lanolin, and Paraffin in a 1:1:1 ratio.

This mixture is heated (gently) on a hotplate and applied around the coverslip with a small pointed brush.

There are no solvents involved, the mixture hardens immediately, and there is no risk of coating an objective lens with wet fingernail polish.

Regards,

Tom

 Tom Donnelly          Applied Precision, LLC
 Biotechnology Group   1040 12th Ave. N.W.
 (425)313-4549         Issaquah, WA 98027-8929
 (425)557-1055 fax     [log in to unmask] http://www.api.com/products/bio/deltavision.html