CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2009

From:
Dan White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:00:41 +0100
Dear JP,

You need to measure thresholded Manders coefficients (1 for red , 1
for green!)

search this list archives for my previous long posts on this topic.

in short, use ImageJ or easier BioImageXD (both free)
to calculate threshold using the methods of costes,
then calculate the Manders coefficents 1 and 2
then do the costes statistical significance test.

Publish:
thresholds, manders coefficents, statistical significance,
2D histogram . scatter plots with straight line fit and thresholds.

You need to read 2 papers at least
  Costes et al
and Manders et al.

I will send them to you in a moment

cheers

Dan

Begin forwarded message:

> Date:    Wed, 4 Feb 2009 17:05:30 -0800
> From:    Jean-Pierre CLAMME <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: colocalization question
>
> This is a multipart message in MIME format.
> --=_alternative 0005FF9888257554_=
>
> Hi,
>
> When you do colocalization measurement (in image pro for example)
> between
> let say the red and a green channel the co-localization coefficient
> tells
> you how much red and green are co-localized.  But as much as I
> understood,
> it doesn't give you information on the fact that for example red is
> always
> co-localized with green but green is not always colocalized with red ?
> What kind of analysis  would I need to compare this between samples ?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> JP

> Jean-Pierre CLAMME, PhD
> Senior Scientist
> Nitto Denko Technical
> 501 Via Del Monte
> Oceanside, CA 92058
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
> Phone: +760.435.7065

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy Facility
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

New Mobile Number!!!

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)

http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk