CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2013

From:
Zhengmei Mao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:37:03 -0500

Dear list,

I am using 100nm x 100nm x 200nm voxel size of a confocal microscope to
image fluorescent oil droplets in water. The droplets can be as large as
several micrometers, but on the small end there is no way to know what's the
smallest they can be. After deconvolution, the individual objects I detect
range in voxel counts from 1 all the way up. My question is: given a certain
voxel size, what is the minimal voxel count that a detected object must have
for me to be able to legitimately identify it an object?

For example, does it need to be 4 pixels across in diameter in x and y? And
what about z?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mei