CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2014

From:
Gerard Whoriskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 09:10:42 -0600

Hi Manja,

I first of all must declare a commercial bias.

There should be no problem putting an LED excitation system onto your Leica scope.

One thing to be aware of is that most LED systems do not sufficiently cover the full
spectrum like the bulbs did. This should not be a problem if you can match up the LED peaks
with the excitation filter passbands that are in your microscope. If you are not sure just go
for an LED system like our CoolLED pE-4000 that has 16 peaks from 365-770nm.

Best regards,

Gerry