CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2004

From:
"Sierra,Oscar" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:41:15 -0600

Dear Gil,
From your account, a cell cycle analysis by triple staining flow cytometry
will probably solve your problem: 1-DNA (with 7-amino-actinomycin to stain
for total DNA), 2-BrdU incorporation (to identify S-phase cells, usually
FITC-anti-BrdU Ab), 3-Your phenotypic marker (to gate the cells of your
interest). Critical points are that DNA MUST be analyzed in a linear scale
while your protein of interest could/should be analyzed in the log scale.
Let me know if it works for you,
Best,
Oscar

Oscar Sierra, M.D.