CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1994

From:
Axel Piepgras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 1994 21:59:03 +0200
Following the discussions in this list for a while now it appears to me
that almost everyone is using a Biorad confocal system.
For our "in-vivo"-experiments we came to the conclusion that the Noran
Odyssey might be more suitable, especially with its slow scan option.
However, after having worked with it for one day the Laser (Ar/Kr) burnt.
Since we have not decided to buy, yet, we are interested whether someone
else has more experience in terms of reliability, service, overall
quality/stability etc.
Any comments would be very much appreciated.
Axel Piepgras, Dept. of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Mannheim/University of
Heidelberg, Germany. phone: +49 (0)621 3833142; fax: +49 (0)621 3832004