CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1999

From:
ingrid northwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ingrid northwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 18:02:40 GMT
Dear Group
First - thank you all for your input to my recent spate of questions.

What I'm wondering now is what is resonable to expect from the imaging aquisition and processing software that costs in the thousands of dollars.
Specifically, with the package we have (Northern Eclipse from Empix Imaging)
there's no undo feature.  Not even a one step undo. You have to go back to your last saved image and hopefully you remembered to duplicate your image before you started working on it to begin with.  Is this typical with other programs or do other programs offer something equivalent to the 'history' function on Adobe Photoshop or do they at least generally offer the option of undoing at least your last step?

Additonal question:  Can anyone who uses IPLab for a Mac give me some feedback
on it?

thanks,
ingrid

Ingrid C. Northwood, Ph.D.
Coordinator, Teaching and Research Services
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC, V4X 2P4  Canada
(phone) (604) 291-4090
(fax) (604) 291-5583