CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2000

From:
"Reece.Jeffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:12:23 -0500
Hi Andres,

Thanks for the posting.  Very informative, and I'm glad someone is doing
this.  However, I'm not sure I believe that everything that I'm seeing
reflects real life.  The images have an xy pixel size of 80nm, correct?
Most of the images seem to be "pixelated" at a lower frequency, by roughly a
factor of 3, or 240 nm.  I see this even in the original image, before
deconvolution.  I'm wondering if your calculation of the simulated bead
image, before the noise is added, limits changes in intensity across x and y
to the optical resolution (260 nm).

I would rather see real beads.

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff Reece
Biomedical Engineer
Confocal Microscopy Center
National Insitute of Environmental Health Sciences
P.O. Box 12233, MD F2-02
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

Ph; (919) 541-0311
Fx: (919) 541-1898