CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2004

From:
ian gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:49:10 +1030

Another variant on the number of strikes to be out...

We still use keys although swipe cards are likely to be introduced soon.

We do all our billing and a lot of our training by laboratory rather
than by individual. All the log-in codes for the computers operating
the equipment or gaining access to the file servers are lab based. This
means that if an individual reaches the threshold for unacceptable
behaviour in the microscopy facility, their whole lab may be banned
from using the facility for a time. I've only had to threaten this once
over 8 years, and it had a remarkable effect on improving everyone's
behaviour. The threat of doing it again also works very well - peer
pressure is a wonderful thing!

Hope that helps the deliberations

* * * * * * * * * * *
Prof Ian Gibbins