CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2012

From:
Roberto Fiorelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:34:53 -0500

Hi all,

I used to inject EdU to detect proliferating cells of the neurogenic regions
of the brain. The nuclear incorporation is then detected with the Invitrogen
kit Click-it, where a catalytic reaction links the alexafluor-conjugated
azide to the EdU. The results are excellent if I use Alexa-555 azide, with a
bright stable staining (up to 6 months after), with the sections mounted in
Vectashield hardset. Instead, when Alexa-647 is used, I experienced huge
problems with the signal fading as short as after 2 days from mounting. I
actually suspect this is due to leaking rather than bleaching. Obviously,
right before mounting the staining looks good and specific. But after only
two days, it's completely gone.

Has anybody experienced the same ind of problem?

Roberto