CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2011

From:
Simon Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 03:43:23 -0500

Hello,
Not strictly a confocal question, but I'm sure someone out there will be able to
help.  We are about to start using a SIM super res system and have been
advised that one of the critical factors in acquiring optimal images is the cover
glass.  Specifcally, the thickness of the glass needs to be consistant across
the whole coverslip (e.g. 170 um +/- 2 um), and reproducible between
coverslips.  One option is to measure each individual coverslip before use, but
this seems rather impractical to me.  Has anyone looked into this, and if so,
are there any manufacturers out there who can provide cover glass with this
high specification?
Thanks,
Simon