CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2010

From:
"Koo, Lily (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:30:50 -0500
Yes, we have in fact two blocking filters - 660nm or 710nm.  So something like Alexa 633 or 647 should be detectable in theory.  I wonder if any of you have experience exciting them or similar dyes with MP?  Some papers seemed to have used A647, but the methods were not clearly described.

What about Alexa 405, Pacific Blue, or other blue dyes?  We are trying to maximize the number of dyes that can use in the tissues; more specifically, something in combination with GFP/YFP/CFSE and a red/orange dye such as dsRed/RFP/CMPTX.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lily