CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2000

From:
Akos Szilvasi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:02:46 -0500

Elia,

you can simply go to the "image" menu and change it to CMYK. The reason it looks
different is that the RGB image on the screen is much better (has a wider gamut)
than what the printer can render. The CMYK is not only separated into 4 colors
(Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) but also narrowed down to what the printers
can put out. You may try to manipulate the CMYK image.

Many new printers can now print from RGB reducing the gamut automatically. If
your can not try to find a newer printer driver. Kodak may have it. See their
web site.

Also if you print on normal paper (I am not familiar with that printer) the
result is dull compared to a glossy, coated paper.

Good luck.

Akos Szilvasi
Biogen, Cambridge, MA

Elia Abi-Jaoude <[log in to unmask]> on 01/20/2000 03:48:25 PM

Please respond to Confocal Microscopy List <[log in to unmask]>