CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2023

From:
"Thomas, Kaye (Verda)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2023 20:36:04 +0000
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Thank you everyone for the quick replies.

The pushing the cross over and over was the quick fix.  Previously I gave up way too soon, but sticking with it, the TFT did finally go through the  loading process.  Then I re-loaded my MTB files and we are back in business.  So thank you Laure for that tip.

For those of you who sent instructions and information on how to replace the battery, I will definitely get a battery to be ready to replace it next time this happens.

And to those of you who sent moral support. Thank you for taking the time to let me know it wasn't a hopeless cause.

Long time lurker, first time poster, true convert to the CML!

Thanks!
Kaye

Kaye Thomas
Technical Director
Center for Advanced Light Microscopy and Nanoscopy
CART / Center for Advanced Research Technologies
Animis Opibusque Parati : Prepared in Mind & Resources
Office: 585-275-1317
Location: Med Cntr 4-7503
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1__;!!MkQhnT5yHH0MPvOc00c!XlMr6EqJO_Zf-3_zIzxS1PmILJ2cyHBA2uxlF6ayJr45_vonjEP22h6lod42wb7uwi9wHDuPAsZixId7hB_2e3cIJ-pZ1hZReTw_ZDL3$
Post images on https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.imgur.com__;!!MkQhnT5yHH0MPvOc00c!XlMr6EqJO_Zf-3_zIzxS1PmILJ2cyHBA2uxlF6ayJr45_vonjEP22h6lod42wb7uwi9wHDuPAsZixId7hB_2e3cIJ-pZ1hZReeGveKV8$  and include the link in your posting.
*****

Hi.  We had the same issue and it related to a CR2302 battery that is on one of the boards in the microscope controller.  It's not entirely trivial to replace, but can be done without an engineer if you're feeling brave and the system is not under contract.
I have the details if required.
Cheers,
Simon

To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1__;!!MkQhnT5yHH0MPvOc00c!XlMr6EqJO_Zf-3_zIzxS1PmILJ2cyHBA2uxlF6ayJr45_vonjEP22h6lod42wb7uwi9wHDuPAsZixId7hB_2e3cIJ-pZ1hZReTw_ZDL3$
Post images on https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.imgur.com__;!!MkQhnT5yHH0MPvOc00c!XlMr6EqJO_Zf-3_zIzxS1PmILJ2cyHBA2uxlF6ayJr45_vonjEP22h6lod42wb7uwi9wHDuPAsZixId7hB_2e3cIJ-pZ1hZReeGveKV8$  and include the link in your posting.
*****

Hello Everyone,
I am hoping one of you has seen this problem before.
I have a Zeiss Axio Observer.Z1 and the TFT (touch screen thingy) seems to have died.  When I start the system, I see the Zeiss logo then there is a white screen with a crosshair on the screen (TFT) and it just stays like that.  When I start the software I get errors basically saying the software can't find the microscope and nothing on the microscope responds to the software.  I have tried unplugging the TFT and restarting the system, but the software still doesn't find the microscope.  The z drive and buttons on the condenser still respond so I do not think the stand itself is dead.

Does anyone know what's going on?
And if the TFT is dead, like I suspect, is there a way to bypass it and still get the stand to work?

Yes, this microscope is about 15 years old, not on service contract and runs our LCM but it was working perfectly fine until it stopped working at all :P

Any insight is appreciated!

Web: CART.urmc.edu<https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/research/center-for-advanced-research-technologies.aspx>

This email has been scanned for spam & viruses. If you believe this email should have been stopped by our filters, click the following link to report it (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://portal.mailanyone.net/index.html*/outer/reportspam?token=dXNlcj1zaW1vbi53YWxrZXJAQkFCUkFIQU0uQUMuVUs7dHM9MTY5NDUzMzQ2MDt1dWlkPTY1MDA4NzUzRDk3RjM2NTU4MUM0MEU1RThEOTYzMEY3O3Rva2VuPTQyZTg1YjYxMjQ4MTI4N2NlMTRmOGNmNmI4Zjg1MWZkMzQ4YzFmMzI7__;Iw!!MkQhnT5yHH0MPvOc00c!XlMr6EqJO_Zf-3_zIzxS1PmILJ2cyHBA2uxlF6ayJr45_vonjEP22h6lod42wb7uwi9wHDuPAsZixId7hB_2e3cIJ-pZ1hZRefkwqRN2$ ).