CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2011

From:
Daniel Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:13:27 -0600

Craig,

What exactly is image registration?

At one point we thought of just oversampling in Z and then adjusting the
image digitally post-acquisition, depending on the Z-shifts.  This is
impractical for our application because we are looking at very small,
low-signal vesicles moving through the cell.  So oversampling would cause
issues with bleaching and we would lose too much time resolution.

If image registration is something else, then can you explain?

Thanks,

Dan