CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2015

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:18:27 -0600

Depending on how straight the run between the rooms is, you might be able
to run a beam tube across the hallway in the ceiling and do it free space
with a periscope. This would save you the headaches of fiber coupling and
reduce any long-term stability issues. I'm guessing you are not up for that
level of 'infrastructure modification' though, so the multimode fiber may
be the way to go. Try to match the design wavelength of your optics as best
as you can to the wavelength of your laser. Assuming you have a
monochromatic source, you can get away with simpler, cheaper optics by
using single-wavelength components. If your laser is a common wavelength
these should be easy to get.

Craig