CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1997

From:
Ray Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:32:47 +0000
Hi Dominique,

Why not put the things you want to attach onto your website, and advertise
their presence via e-mail?.

As for Ed's cross-list crusade, I personally don't like list attachments
because my e-mail program extracts them automatically, and I find myself
having to seek them out and delete them if they're of no interest (although
I could change this behaviour).  I don't think Ed's virus worry is valid,
if attachments are going to carry viruses, they will do so whether the
recipient asked for them or not.  On the taste issue, "a list makes it
impossible to get 100% affirmation" of just about anything, I'm sure some
people will think this note a waste of bandwidth, and an intrusion.

Ho Hum,

Ray

>Dear Ed
>
>I am sorry I will send the email again without attachement.  I was a
>little confused as I am a member of some other lists from which I
>regularly received emails with attachements.
>
>Sorry it won't happen again.
>
>Dominique

>>>Attachment converted: 500:3d.doc (WDBN/MSWD) (00005446)
>>>
>>>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>|From: Dominique Miller        |

>>>2180  |
>>>2180   |
>>>2190  |
>>>2190   |
>>>http://www.demon.co.uk/ffaltd/  |
>>>
>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>
>>

>>Please be REMINDED that
>>it is highly poor taste to transmit
>>attached documents without first asking the
>>recipient for permission to land, so to speak.
>>
>>Since a list makes it impossible to get 100% affirmation,
>>it is generally considered EXTREMELY bad taste to send attachments
>>to lists.
>>
>>Notwithstanding the offensive mail program from MicroJerks, Inc.,
>>Do YOU want to receive uncontrolled e-mail attachments,
>>bearing the possibility of viruses, for example ?
>>
>>If any listmember disagrees, please respond to the list.
>>

>>Cheers & Regards from Silicon Valley, California,
>>
>>(signed)  Ed Monberg,  President
>>
>>510-429-1060    Fax 429-1065
>>LMDC, (Laser & Motion Development Co.)
>>3101 Whipple Road
>>Union City, CA 94587-1216
>>
>>TO BE ON OUR e-mail LIST AND BE THE FIRST
>>TO KNOW ABOUT BARGAIN PRICED TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT,
>>Just send an empty e-mail containing
>>"Join Equipment List" in the header line.
>>
>>Our web page: http://www.lasermotion.com
>>Our e-mail:       [log in to unmask]

>|From: Dominique Miller        |                                             |
>|Marketing Executive           |                                             |
>|Foster Findlay Associates     | Phone:        National     (0191) 201 2180  |
>|Newcastle Technopole          |         International    +44 191 201 2180   |
>|Kings Manor                   |   Fax:        National     (0191) 201 2190  |
>|Newcastle upon Tyne           |         International    +44 191 201 2190   |
>|NE1 6PA                       |E-Mail:        [log in to unmask]  |
>|UK                            |   WWW:      http://www.demon.co.uk/ffaltd/  |

                              Ray Hicks
|University of Cambridge          |Tel              01223 330149        |
|Department of Medicine           |Fax             01223 336846         |
|Level 5, Addenbrookes Hospital   |e-mail         <[log in to unmask]> |
|Hills Road Cambridge             |Web  http://facsmac.med.cam.ac.uk    |
|CB2                              |ftp server  ftp://131.111.80.78      |
|UK                               |                                     |