CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2009

From:
"Ning Y. Chan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:23:41 -0600
I simulated the performance of high NA objectives using both vector diffraction theory plus the Gibson and Lanni aberration model and objective lens prescriptions from the patents of various companies (Nikon, Olympus). I found that spherical aberrations are sensitive to an index variation of ~0.002 for oil and ~0.003 for the cover glass.
We had measured the dispersion of a few oils and found their Abbe numbers to be different - confirming Kurt's suspicion.

Ning

Ning Y. Chan
Nanotechnology Measurements Division
Agilent Technologies, Inc.