CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2003

From:
Gregory Adrianus O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:52:45 +0100

Hi Antoine,

We have tried Alexa633-Phalloidin and it work very well in our hands,
however, it does not surprise me that
you are having problems with Alexa633 dyes for the reasons already
mentioned. Further, we can not get the Alexa633
labelled secondary antibodies to produce any staining, eventhough the
Alexa488 and Alexa546 versions
work very well (This is an issue I have raised before in the confocal user
group). I have been in contact with
Molecular Probes and we will be testing the Alexa635 labelled secondary
antibodies. Alexa635 apparently
has a higher quantum yield??

Happy holidays,

Greg