CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2008

From:
Jens Rietdorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 12:54:01 -0700

Dear Guenter,

it is very difficult to predict/fit the modulation of the spectral signal of
a given fluorophore by your particular detection device. A good estimate can
typically be derived from a reference measurement of the fluorophores on the
same detection device with low 'background' sample, eg. cultured fibroblast
cells. The 'background' estimation is of course best done on your actual
sample.

Hope that helps,