CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2006

From:
Damir Sudar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:38:06 -0800

Dear all,

Not strictly a confocal question but we're looking to stabilize or at
least monitor the light output from our arc lamp in order to make
intensity measurements over time. We've found that OptiQuip has such a
device. Does anyone have good/bad experience with this device that
they're willing to share (off-list is fine).

Are there any alternatives that I don't know of? One idea I had is a
monitoring diode that allows you to correct the intensity measurements
after the fact. (Similar to the monitoring diode the Zeiss LSM510 has as
an option.) Does anyone make such a device?

Indeed, one alternative is measuring a control sample (e.g. check beads)
at frequent intervals but we found it requires a skilled operator to
make such measurements correctly. We're a bit short on those.

Thanks,
- Damir

--
Damir Sudar - Staff Scientist
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory / Life Sciences Division