CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2014

From:
Matthew Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:13:09 +0100

Hi Alessandro,

We recently installed something similar to the underside of our
electrical trunking (roughly 1m above floor).  Adhesive 5m per reel
LED strips, each LED has an RGB component so you can produce various
colours if your heart so desires.  They also come with a small battery
powered IR remote which allows you to change the colours, dim to
various levels etc.  We don't have motion detection but the LED's are
left on most of the time and the low intensity is enough to stop you
tripping over anything but doesn't affect imaging.

They were purchased from ebay of all places and have no complaints:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-3528-SMD-RGB-300-LEDs-Waterproof-Flexible-Strip-Lighting12V-Receiver-Remote-/261286546761

cheers,

Matt

***** To join, leave or search the confocal microscopy listserv, go to: http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=confocalmicroscopy Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting. ***** The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.