CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2010

From:
"P. Johannes Helm" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:16:55 +0200

Good afternoon,

a comparatively simple method might be to actually measure the refractive
index, at least of the mounting medium, using an Abbé B refractometer.
Most institutes with a chemistry department will have one. It's a device,
which you can easily carry to your own lab, if you get it on loan.

The main problem with older Abbé refractometers is that they may be
limited to one wavelength, only. Other refractometers, which overcome this
problem, are of the Pulfrich or the Michelson type, though they are much
more cumbersome to use.

Best wishes,

Johannes Helm

--