CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2006

From:
Gert van Cappellen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:21:37 +0200

To my opinion, but I'm a bit old, the amount of different intensities of
colors (or especially grey)  I see on a CRT is higher than on a LCD. For
this reason I like to stick to CRT's although some LCD's are becoming
very good in this respect (for instance the big Mac LCD's). Just put a
8-bit grey scale image on your screen and judge the result. Space and
heat maybe a reason to select a LCD, in the confocal room.  Buying good
21" CRT's starts to become a problem. As you already stated your office
computer should have the best screen, although a good representation in
the microscope room is also nice.

Just my opinion,
Gert van Cappellen
--