CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2014

From:
Philip Oshel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2014 10:48:10 -0400

Scanning electron microscopy works very well for imaging papers and
other such cellulosic products and their coatings.
Also, the paper (etc.) can be "fractured" in liquid nitrogen to produce
high quality edges to image the inner layers of the paper (etc.), and
the coating layers. Cutting tends to smear the surface over the cut edge
- this is more of an issue with coated papers.

Phil

--
Philip Oshel
Microscopy Facility Supervisor