CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2006

From:
Julian Borejdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:44:55 -0600

We have added APD to our Zeiss 410. The alignment is bit tricky, because
photosensitive area is small. It produces nicer images than PMT at low
light levels. It makes no difference at higher light levels. The
enhancement is particularly significant at 633 nm.

Julian Borejdo
Dept of Mol Biol
University of North Texas HSC
Fort Worth

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/09/06 11:17 AM >>>

Anybody have an informed opinion on the relative merits/performance of
APDs for confocal/2P
imaging?

** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the extent permitted by law and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message and destroy all copies. **